I know we’re already in March, but never fear, I did some sewing in February. Here’s a reminder of the list:
January: Pirate Blanket √
Lunch Bag Finish Apron and Oven Mitts √
March: Suede coat
April: T-Shirt quilt
May: Fur throw
June: New chemise and pirate bodice
July: Bowling rag quilt
August: Patricia Peppermint the Duchess of York
September: Orange Coat
November: Steampunk Sinbonnet Sue
You’ll notice I crossed off the lunch bag. I decided that was CRAZY TALK. I had a giant plan for a divided bag that would allow me to carry all my various bottles and drink containers that I bring to work (two water bottles, one Cupco straw cup, and sometimes a shaker bottle). But I really didn’t know how to create all the divides, and I was able to find a cheapish bag while shopping one day, so I decided it would be better to finish the apron and oven mitts I started in November.
The apron is reversible with an adjustable neck strap. I made it using this pattern, but not constructing it exactly the way the directions call (mostly because by the time I was putting the actual apron together, I no longer had the instructions available).
The oven mitts were patterns designed by my friend ArtisticEdition and they exhibit my complete and utter inability to use bias tape. I’m working on it. I’m currently considering these prime example of this Adventure Time image I came across (I literally know nothing about AT, I saw this on Google+).
So, yeah. There’s that. I’m going to keep plugging away at bias tape. I’d really like to not suck at it. I’d also really like to not have to hand stitch the back side.
March’s project should be interesting. I’m going to attempt a muslin with the pattern that I have. It may not fit, due to the fact that I have a tiny chest and large everything else, and the pattern was purchased when everything else wasn’t quite so large. It will certainly test my pattern alteration abilities. See above graphic…
PS: I’m aware the check marks are square root symbols. I rather like it.